Wednesday, April 05, 2006

brushes with laughter

Today it snowed for 2 hours. It didnt stick, and by 4pm it was simply a cold and windy spring day with no indication of what had come by earlier in the day. While it was on though I schemed to evade jonny law and did my laundry in shorts and no-socked tennis shoes.

I went to times square and made 8 dollars in just over an hour.


I went to a taping of a comedy central show. (i will be on TV this friday @ 9 not as a star or in any meaningful way, but just as a clapping "happy person" in a crowd of many such folks, but you will see me i am sure, on a purple couch in a red hooded sweatshirt.

The behind the scenes comedian i think was the same guy on the last season's finale episode of the apprentice. did an aids benefit for yahoo. which is odd because an old lady on the street today asked if I was doing my street pitch on account of being an apprentice contestant. that was a new one on me, just when i thought I had heard'em all.

then I went to the Improv, mainly to see Jim Gafigan. He is funny, looked a mess, and kinda plays crazy, but he is a good comedian. i sat just behind the couple I made 8 bucks from in the street. He had a big Ohio st. wind breaker on in the street, but told me they were from Indiana (ala Bob Knight, kinda not really).

Joe Matarese was there too and gave his myspace out. (look him up if you like, i guess) He says he has anger problems, but he seemed nice to me. smiled a lot.

As the show wound down, the MC at the show (compotent, but not all that funny) got into conversation with the woman I had met in the street. He asked them where they were from in Indiana and the woman didnt know because "she is from Texas". He just wanted her to know Purdue. wow not interesting then or now.

the jokes all got old after a while.

No comments: